Garcinia Cambogia: The weight loss fruit
Garcinia cambogia (GC) is a light green or yellowish coloured small fruit that has a pumpkin-like-shape. The plant originated in Southeast Asia and southern India and it grows in central Africa as well. The fruit was first used to flavour different meats but ultimately it has now become Garcinia Cambogia: The weight loss fruit.
During the 1960’s, numerous research studies were undertaken that showed that Garcinia can also help people to lose weight.
The key active ingredient found in the rind of garcinia cambogia is hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which some research suggests can help certain people.
Research suggests that HCA works by blocking a certain enzyme called adenosine triphosphate-citrate-lyase, which contributes to the formation of fat cells, therefore resulting in a certain amount of fat loss.
Other studies have shown that GC can help lower someone’s appetite by increasing production of the neurotransmitter serotonin, which is associated with calm and happy feelings – and therefore, sometimes appetite suppression, less cravings and reduced desire for comfort foods.
In summary, Garcinia cambogia is a 100% natural weight loss supplement that:
- Prevents the conversion of calories into fat.
- Improves the metabolism by blocking the production of an enzyme that affects it.
- Lowers the concentration of LDL in the blood, improving lipid profile.
- Makes you feel full for longer due to hydroxycitric acid (extracted from the skin) which is known for its appetite suppression ability.
- Reduces stress, which may affect the weight loss ability of your body.
There may be side effects with GC, so people who have the following conditions should generally avoid taking it, or seek the guidance of their health professional:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding
- existing cases of liver or kidney damage
- medications that are taken to control asthma and allergies
- diabetes medications and insulin
- iron supplements (usually taken by people with anaemia)
- pain medications
- medications used to control mental disorders like anxiety and depression
- statin drugs that lower cholesterol
- blood thinning drugs (like warfarin)
One supplement that has a combination of useful ingredients is GARCINIA PLUS, a combination food supplement and “carb blocker”, with a range of specialist weight management ingredients: Garcinia Cambogia powder, green coffee extract, kidney bean extract, glucomannan, cinnamon, Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) and chromium picolinate.
As a slimmer’s complex formula, it offers support for everything from appetite control, regulation of cravings and stable blood sugar levels (chromium contributes to the maintenance of normal blood glucose levels), to fat burning, high energy levels, a fast metabolism and other important aspects of weight loss.